€40 per session (approx 1hr)
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a form of therapy that uses simple hands-on, or no-touch, and visualization techniques, with the aim of improving the flow of life energy in a person. Reiki (pronounced ray-key) means ‘universal life energy’ in Japanese, and Reiki practitioners are trained to detect and alleviate problems of energy flow on the physical, emotional, and spiritual level.
Reiki therapy is used in much the same way to achieve similar effects that traditional massage therapy is used—to relieve stress and pain, and to improve the symptoms of various health conditions.
How does it work?
Reiki heals by charging negatively affected parts of the energy field with positive energy. Energy fields in the body each have different vibratory levels and Reiki practitioners use their hands to affect and hopefully rebalance these vibrations in the negatively affected part of the body.
What does it involve?
Although the Reiki practitioner may ask questions about the client’s health prior to treatment, it is important to note that no diagnosis, prognosis or advice will be offered. Remaining fully clothed, the client prepares for treatment by relaxing on a massage couch, or sitting if that is more comfortable.
The Reiki Practitioner will ask you what you would like to focus on during the Reiki session. I use a crystal pendulum to read the flow of each of your seven energy centres (chakras). I will lightly lay my hands on or above your body alternatively, I may work ‘absently’, or away from the body… Typical positions of my hands are on your: head, shoulders, stomach, arms, legs, and feet (or you may prefer not to have touch). If you are not comfortable with touch, please notify me so I can adjust the treatment.
All clients feel deep relaxation. Clients may feel warmth in specific areas, tingling, and sensations of releasing, see colours, or experience lightness. After your Reiki session, drink plenty of water to wash away toxins released during the session. Let your body do whatever it needs – allow yourself quiet time or return to your life’s activities with a sense of wellness and increased energy. Although personal experiences differ, some people report feeling an intense heat from my hands during the process. The client does not have to think about or do anything, as it is my aim to provide a gentle, warming, vital energy appropriate for my client.
What does Reiki treat?
Reiki treats your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual body through your life force energy and works from the inside out on root cause. Reiki promotes self-healing: letting go of limiting conscious and sub-conscious thoughts and feelings, creates forward movement in your life, improves immunity, and is a holistic approach if you are under the care of a medical provider.
Examples of what Reiki is beneficial for:
- Stress reduction, stress-related aliments;
- Depression, anxiety;
- Emotional balancing & turmoil, self-esteem, mental clarity;
- Fatigue, problems sleeping;
- Pain reduction or elimination, releasing tension in the body;
- Maintaining general wellness;
- Making or handling changes in your life;
- Relationships (singles, couples, families);
- Trauma, grief;
- Sexual/physical/emotional abuse by letting go of guilt;
- Pre and post-surgery- my husband found this of great comfort after his surgery- (relaxation before surgery, reduce recovery time, and help with pain management);
- Help to reduce side effects of medications or treatments (including individuals with cancer);
- Living with chronic conditions;
- Mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual healing;
- Improving immunity;
- Individuals in hospice comfort care Reiki can help to…
– Deep relaxation;
– Increase sense of peace and wellbeing;
– Increase awareness, creativity, and focus;
– Reduce or eliminate negative patterns in your life;
– Balance your body’s energies;
– Be sent to a specific situation that needs changing;
– Pets can benefit from a treatment as well.
What are the side effects and when should Reiki be avoided?
As a general rule, Reiki can’t do any harm because it is a form of non-invasive energy healing and will adjust itself to create the most appropriate effect for each individual person. However, although most people feel peaceful and relaxed after treatment, it can stir up emotions as part of the healing process. Some people also experience a healing reaction such as a headache or flulike symptoms, but any discomfort should be short-lived. It is also recommended to drink plenty of water after a treatment.
Reiki is NOT a substitute for medical care.